Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Warm, Dry, and Well Fed

We've been running outdoor programs at New Hampton School like WinterX since 2001 but it's been a few years since I took kids out into the backcountry myself. It's particularly exciting for me to be heading out with this energetic, talented, and excited group of students on WinterX!


We won't be writing on the blog much during Projects Week but we'll have plenty of stories and pictures to share when we get back!

What do we hope to do and learn on the trip? Well I have several goals for the program:
  • First that the students are relatively warm, dry and well fed. After we do that the magic can happen!
  • Next that we learn something about ourselves, and our peers. How we lead, how we react when times are tough, and how we come together to make the trip happen.
  • Finally I hope that we enjoy one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the United States, I love the White Mountains, and this is a lovely time of year to explore their beauty.
We look forward to sharing our adventures with you when we return!

1 comment: