Today we discussed our preconceived notions and brainstormed questions we have:
- Do the guards get to know the inmates for who they really are rather than just what they have done?
- How do inmates continue relationships with their families and friends?
- Are prison guards how they are depicted in movies?
- What is solitary confinement? Why do you get it? Does it work? What’s its purpose?
- Has anyone broken out?
- Do people really follow “not lying” in courtroom?
- How do judges not show bias?
- How do you pick jurors?
- Are defense attorneys that are provided as good as ones you hire?
- As a lawyer, what do you do/how do you feel if you know your client is guilty?
- How do you decide sentencing? Is it subjective?