Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 2 Comforting CHaD

Day two started with much anticipation. We are excited about using our newly purchased fabrics. We even finished a couple blankets. Check out our day through the journals below:

You don't know how awesome this project is! This is the first time I ever used a sewing machine, and I think it is the COOLEST thing ever in the world! Can't wait to give these lovely blankets to kids in the hospital.


Today was fun because I got to start using the sewing machine. I learned how to set it up and operate it. I learned there is also a lot of math used in sewing. My low point of the day was when my measurements were not adding up and I kept having to remark my materials. Overall, it was a pretty productive day and the best day of the week so far.


It was so much fun to make a quilt for kids. I never knew that it would be this fun.


At the moment, I am working with Sean for his quilt. As soon as we are done with this masterpiece, we will focus on a quilt of mine. First time experiencing sewing. It is going well and it is fun. Hope it can be done within three days so the boy waiting for my quilt won't be depressed. My surprising quilt it getting done.


My Project Week is going great! Having absolutely zero experience in sewing, I am very grateful for the support of our leaders in each and every step of the process, from picking up the fabric to starting to use the sewing machine. I am very excited to continue and see the results of our hard work.


For the past two days, I have been working diligently with Jay and Jung on my quilt. My quilt contains three different designs and is intended to be given to a teenage boy. The most challenging aspect of my quilt was cutting the designs all at the same size. On the other hand, the most interesting part of it was sewing. I hope my quilt can have a positive impact on the kid at the hospital!



I think that this experience is something that will leave a smile on both the kids' faces and ours; it feels good to know that you helped someone out who needs things more than you might. Jack and I are working on two blankets, one for a kid or teen and one for a toddler.


I think that doing this is such a great thing to do for other people because you never really think about the kids in the hospitals who are going through some really hard times. I'm so happy that I got to have this experience and make blankets for these kids. I hope when they get them that it will make them feel better and have a great big smile on their face!

No comments:

Post a Comment