Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Making it Grand, Day 2 & 3

These two days have passed very quickly. Yesterday students worked intensely on their proposals, some artist /subject research to inform the creative decisions, and media studies. Today everyone is involved in creating their final pieces. It's awesome to watch the projects evolve!

Here are some specific things that they have learned...

"Struggling with my process... trying to find the right media to express my statement."  Theresa

"I've been comparing and contrasting the way abortion is perceived and promoted in China and in the United states. The values around abortion vary greatly."  If you want to know more about this subject, come to the gallery during the symposium on Saturday.  William

"I've learned to trust my instincts. I'm using charcoal for the first time, drawing a woman's face.  I like the way it is coming out".  Alex

"I've learned that collaging is easier and looks better large scale. My final collage will be 3 x 4 feet." Kelsy

"I have learned how to use both Photoshop and charcoal. Charcoal is easier than I thought it would be to use. My final presentation will include 3 3'x4' panels, 2 photo collages and 1charcoal drawing."   Sam

"I have learned not to burn myself with hot glue!  I have been trying to narrow down my ideas - I have so many. I've decided to just start and go with it. I have three different projects in process!"   Ariel

"I have learned to slice water bottles into pieces,and to fit recycled materials to the shape of the skeleton to form the bodice and skirt of a dress. I used recycled materials like the big bubble packing material to pad the shape of the hips." Sally

"I've learned to be patient when things aren't working out, and patience in the painting process because you can't rush it. I've also learned painting techniques and how to match color."

"I've learned the ratios of the human skull. I have practiced my drawing skills. Although I am working on my final drawing, I am still in the process of figuring out an element of my final concept."  Eric




No comments:

Post a Comment