We just had time for a second attempt at printing this afternoon. We attempted to print a file which should have produced a ship. Instead, we got a blob. Definitely a 3-d blob, but not what we were looking for. There might be a picture on the Twitter feed, but I didn't bother to get it on my computer.
Tomorrow we will start by trying to print something simple--probably a small cube, just as proof of concept. I think we need to play with focus, timing, thickness of layers, etc. Hopefully in about 14 hours there will be a picture of a success up on the blog, and maybe then I will post a new picture of the failure for comparison.