Pages

Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Show Must Go On...It Happened!

We rehearsed a few times throughout the day to prepare for our production of Table 12. The cast and crew were very nervous. For most of them, this was their first play in front of an audience. After a thoughtful pep speech by Ms. Brown to get the cast focused and ready, the crew was ramped up to put on their show for a large audience at the Winni Playhouse.
Putting on make up and getting our hair ready.


It was our Director's Ms. Brown's Birthday!

Almost Show Time!
Thank you to the Art and Science of Baking group for making our wedding cake to use as a prop in the play!!

Thank you to the bakers who made our cake!

The Show is Done!
The students put on an amazing show! They worked so hard this week and it paid off. Below are a some reflections written by the students. 

"My project week was awesome. Beginning of the week I thought it was going to be little bit boring but it turned out it was great. The people in our group were awesome and I had lot of fun. I love to act. It was really fun." - Ronja

"This project was not what I expected! I stepped out of my comfort zone and shocked myself with what I accomplished. To be completely honest, the first day or two I wasn't sure what I got myself into and was freaking out that I wouldn't be able to memorize my lines by Friday night when only getting the script on Monday. I was also scared to perform in front of a large group of people, which is what usually holds me back from doing these kinds of things. Even though the days were long, tiring, and felt like weeks in themselves, I had a ton of fun being with the cast and teachers throughout the whole week.  I had the opportunity to hang out with peers that I don't usually hang out with and I made a lot of new friends. I am beyond glad that I got to be a part of "The Show Must Go On." It made me realize what I am capable of and that I need to try new things more often." - Madi 

"This past week has been an absolute blast. I met a lot of new people and made some new friends. Everyone was hard-working and I enjoyed working with this group a lot. I was quite nervous about whether we were going to finish on time but we did it. And the result was pretty amazing! I am absolutely honored to have worked with everyone in the cast and the amazing faculty members. We totally rocked it!" - Wenhao

"The play was an unbelievable experience last night. Leading up to it, I don't think any of us were exactly sure how it was going to play out. My heart was racing as I took stage for the first time. And sure enough, in the first couple minutes, we somehow managed to skip ahead by 12 pages in our script...... Anyway, we played it off really well, and were quickly back on track. Everything turned out smoothly! It was such an awesome experience to be a part of. Not sure I would ever take on such a project voluntarily again, but definitely don't regret anything about it. It was a great week with a great cast and a great final performance." - Max

No comments:

Post a Comment